South Side Christian Church is involved in working with the wider community through outreach programs.
Some of these programs are are mentioned below:
- C.U.P. (Churches United Pantry)
- Continuous food collection through the Red Box outside the sanctuary
- Coins for C.U.P. - coins are collected from the congregation on the first Sunday of each month
- "Acts 29" Sunday -
- After leaving Church on this Sunday, members disperse to gather items needed by a local charity. These items are brought back to church and they are then delivered to the charity.
- The date and charity can be different each year.
- Help Me Grow -
- Breakfast With Santa is hosted at South Side each year.
- An Angel Tree is used to collect gifts for each child coming to the breakfast.
- Vacation Bible School -
- We hold a VBS each summer and invite children from the community to attend.
- Men's Mission -
- Food is donated and/or served at the mission various times throughout the year.
- Family Promise -
- Families of the community who are homeless can be housed in our church various times during the year.
- Church members donate time, food, and visits to the famlies.